How ASIO managed during a major global health crisis with Mike Burgess
The mission of the hard-working men and women of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is to deliver on the Australian government’s first priority which is to keep all Australian’s safe. But how do you do that when the rules change?
In this week’s episode of Work with Purpose, we sit down with Mike Burgess, Director-General of Security at ASIO, to discuss how the work of ASIO has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussed in this episode:
- Are Australians safer because of COVID-19?
- The importance of partnerships.
- The increase of cyber-crime during lockdown.
- What impact the pandemic has had on protecting Australian security interests.
- Ensuring lawful access to personal mobile phones.
- The responsibilities of the global tech platforms.
- What it’s like to work at ASIO.